The Salt & Light Advance team delighted that we can regroup, as a family of churches, in February 2022, at our annual leadership conference.
Final practical details
- On Saturday, please arrive from 10am, to connect with people before session 1
- All food and refreshments are included
- On Sunday, please arrive for a 10am start and note that the programme runs until 4pm.
- Free car parking on-site or on on-street nearby. Please car-share as much as possible. Note major roadworks at the Botley interchange (A34/A420) – these are slow, but once you’re through them onto the Botley Road itself, incoming traffic moves fast.
- Please lateral-flow test daily during the conference. We are not requiring face coverings in the building, except when singing, when we will require face coverings (unless exempt). TKC is a well-ventilated spacious building. Please read body language and respect individual’s preferences for distancing.
What is the conference about?
Our conference theme will be Refreshed and Refocused, and a fantastic line-up of guest and in-house speakers will help us explore how we move forward as churches, into a world reshaped by Covid.
We’ll ask, what is new, and what is the same? How does our mission and evangelism and community service work now? How do we reach out to people who are not like us? What have we learned through a season of constraint and challenge? What does God want for our family of churches as we move forward?
The programme will include plenary sessions, a range of seminars and workshops, worship, and opportunity for personal ministry and refreshing.
We are delighted that Frog Orr-Ewing has accepted our invitation to be guest speaker. Frog is an evangelist, apologist and church planter. He is married to Amy, who is also a very well-known apologist.
Together they planted and led Latimer Minster as a Anglican ‘Fresh Expression’ in South Buckinghamshire from its roots in a pioneering mission initiative.
Formerly The Revd Canon Francis Orr-Ewing, Frog is also Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow of Mission in the Department of Theology, Religion and Philosophy, and Programme Leader for the MA Mission at Winchester University.
The programme deliberately has generous breaks, to allow us to connect well with each other, at this our first in-person leadership conference since 2020.
Saturday 19 February
10:00 Doors open, refreshments
11:00 Session 1: Refreshed and refocused (Steve Jones and team)
14:30 Session 2: Touchpoints for the gospel (Frog Orr-Ewing)
15:45 Free time and refreshments
16:30 Session 3: Workshops, prayer and reflective worship
* Workshop: Reaching people digitally (Sanjay Mahtani and Paul Gander)
* Workshop: Reaching people in and from the nations (Andy O’Connell and Neil Townsend)
* Workshop: Refreshing our care and discipleship (Al McNicoll, Lyn Waddington and Denise Townsend)
* Reflective worship: a space for refreshing and personal encounter (Andy Bruce)
* Prayer room
18:00 Session 4: Workshops, prayer and reflective worship
* Workshop: Reaching our communities (Phil and Sammi Gladwell, Sanjay Mahtani)
* Workshop: Helping people find fresh faith (Steve Jones)
* Workshop: Refocusing our care and discipleship (Al McNicoll, Lyn Waddington, Denise Townsend and Andy O’Connell)
* Reflective worship (Andy Bruce)
* Prayer room
19:30 Session 5: Celebratory banquet with awards (see below)
Sunday 20 February
10:00 Session 6: Refreshing and refocusing our culture of prayer (Mark Eley and Rebecca Beese)
11:30 Session 7: Being empowered by the Spirit to participate in God’s mission (Frog Orr-Ewing) live-streamed for Advance churches on Youtube
14:00 Session 8: Reflecting and processing in teams
15:15 Session 9: Forward together! (Steve Jones and team)
Further info, FAQs and booking
- The reshaped event runs from 10am Saturday 19 to 4pm Sunday 20 February.
- The conference itself will be at The King’s Centre.
- For delegates further afield, who need overnight accommodation, local hotel details are here.
- The overall cost for the event will be considerably less than it would have been at the Bristol hotel, with weekend tickets at £100.
- A generous gift means we can offer significantly discounted rates for those who are 40 and under.
- Cancellations: For cancellations due to the delegate themselves contracting Covid, or being required to self-isolate, we will refund the conference ticket. Please contact email@example.com
- To serve local churches while many of their leaders at the conference, we will livestream a special Sunday service, 11.30am-1.00pm, including worship and teaching.
- New for 2022 is our celebratory banquet, as part of which will celebrate and honour those across our churches, as a form of sharing and celebrating what God has done. We’d love to gather as many nominations as possible, of people in Salt & Light Advance churches. They don’t need to be someone who will be attending the conference. Please respond here: https://forms.gle/YxkXphcJ5USE4eCV6
Bookings are now closed. Sorry to miss you!